Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Think Speak Live Ana-wanna-wanna!

 



This has been a weird couple days of reminiscing..so I wanted to share some things that stick out in my mind thinking about way back when




  • Yoohoo - My landlords bought me a 12 pack of this stuff the other day and I think I drank all of them in one day.  Me and my sister used to always get these when we went to the beach...we were the bomb.

  • Candy Cigarettes - awesome is all I have to say...Seriously who came up with those..and what were they thinking?

  • Bonkers - Not too many have heard of them but we got them at the Dime store..aka GC murphy's ..aka where my grandma worked.

  • Blinkers - I called into the radio station the other day ..they were talking about sound effects that you would make for toys...we used to click our tongues to pretend like it was a blinker on our bicycles because they were cars.

  • Airplane/Bus - we took alll of the chairs from the dining room and put them in the livingroom and lined them up to make rows..put a different babydoll in each seat.

  • Library - All of our books had checkout slips on the back of the book

  • Nintendo - seriously...paperboy..mario brothers ..track meet..duck hunt..the princess...should I say more?

  • Wolfenstein - OH man the best prison/gun game ever..Loved how the doors opened

  • Scrunchies - Not in your hair...on your wrist

  • Polly Pockets - I had every single one of them...I wanted to be Polly.

  • Seashells - We were kinda like designers ..we used fingernail polish to paint on them then went door to door trying to sell them

  • Fundraisers - remember when it was cool to actully be able to go door to door to sell stuff and then get prizes..and that lady came with the roll of 100 $1 bills....OHhhhh AAAHHHH

  • Silly putty - nuff said

  • Construction worker - we made our own cement by mixing mud and water together to make cement for the cracks

  • Kickball - there ain't nothing like a good game of kickball...kids dont play that anymore..they are too high


Wow..the more I think about these toys and games... I start thinking about TV shows that I watched ...

  • 90210 - all time favorite..can never be replaced

  • Ghostwriter - omg that was a school show that was actully freakin awesome

  • Clarissa explains it all - no need to explain

  • The adventures of Pete and Pete - remember Petunia ...my ex BF's papaw had a lady on his arm and I always called her Petunia but nobody ever got it.

  • DOUBLE DARE!!!!

  • Reading Rainbow

  • Hey Dude!

  • Salute your Shorts - Camp Anawanna..we hold you in our hearts..and when we think about you it makes me want to fart!!

  • Alex Mack -I wanted to be magic like her

  • NOOZLES - with the koala bears!!

  • Mr. Rogers - he's kinda freaky now if ya think about it

  • Today's Special - O M G ...dont drop your hat


This is making me kinda pissed that shows suck now..My generation childhood was probably the best. Well in my opinion anyways..please add on anything you can remember...this just made my day ;)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh! clarissa explains it all! once i entered a contest in the end of an alex mack book and i won a clarissa explains it all board game! the only time i've ever won anything like that :) nick used to be the best for tv shows. what about 'are you afraid of the dark' ?? didnt they have SNICK? on saturday nights or something? i hope i didnt make that up haha

Unknown said...

wow you've brought back so many memories!!! I used to buy those candy cigarettes all the time and think i was so cool,and i LOVED ghostwriter!

come and say hi when you get the chance :) www.jeniwren.com

Post a Comment

 
 

Blogger

HI!